If you read Matthew Lee’s post, or if you attended the last zoom Table, you have heard us mention crack. Now, let me assure you that this is not technically a drug, but it is highly addictive and oh my gosh so delicious. This post is dedicated to those of you who first tasted the goodness and couldn’t stop on Spring Retreat 2018. It has become a staple of all retreats and no matter how much we make, it totally disappears.
what you need
- A bag of mini pretzels
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- kosher salt
What do do
- Heat oven to 400
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper…this may not seem necessary, but with this recipe, you will thank me later.
- layer the mini pretzels on the pan, avoid as much overlap as you can.
- in a sauce pan, heat the butter and brown sugar till it gets bubbly, then lower to medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it is carmely and all the brown sugar has dissolved pour it over the pretzels. (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover all the pretzels. Once it goes in the oven, it will spread)
- put it in the oven for about 5 min. That goo will bubble up and spread all over the pan…which you want.
- carefully pull the pan out of the oven and sprinkle all the chocolate chips on the top.
- Place back in the oven for about 1 minute.
- carefully pull the pan out and use a rubber spatula to spread the now melty chocolate chips all over the surface.
- sprinkle with salt to offset all that sweet!
- Place pan in freezer or fridge for about 40 min, or until the chocolate is hard.
- Pull pan out of the freezer and break into pieces…and then watch it dissappear!
Water. Drink water with this one! haha.
So much love to you.